NorthBay biz magazine
NorthBay biz magazine, the leading business, news, and lifestyles publication in the North Bay, is seeking a talented journalist to join its team as associate editor.
If you’re as comfortable calling a county supervisor with a tough question as you are finding interesting angles to the latest lifestyles and business trends in the area, this is the perfect journalism job for you.
Covering everything from the wine industry, housing and development, the business community, restaurants, politics, lifestyles and more throughout Sonoma, Marin and Napa counties, the associate editor will contribute enterprise news stories, features, briefs and other assignments, while scouring for the perfect image and proofing pages with an eagle eye for misspelled names, inconsistent uses of tense and poorly placed commas.
We’re looking for a self-starter to join our small but lively team at our Santa Rosa headquarters to carry on the legacy of this 45-year-old community institution—published by Amaturo Sonoma Media Group—and bring fresh ideas, a creative mindset and a sense of humor.
Ideal candidates have a bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field, and/or have background as a news reporter for a college or professional news publication.
Send cover letter, resume and 2-3 clips to Jason Walsh at email@example.com
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Writing, editing and proofreading.
- Conduct research (interviews, online, phone, publications) for editorial content in the magazine and for northbaybiz.com.
- Produce content for regular monthly features such as What’s Happening, Beyond the Boardroom and Work-Life stories.
- Assist with fact checking of editorial content.
- Write feature stories.
- Photography, as needed.
- Input data for various projects, using Filemaker Pro.
- Other duties as needed for various special projects such as the Best Of event, editorial reprints and more.
- Help with answering phones and directing calls, as needed.
- 1-2 years in newsroom or for magazine or newspaper publication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and ability to navigate content management systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail a must
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines required with little direct supervision
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn
This is not a remote position, full-time office hours are required.
Medical/Dental, 401K, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Time.
Email resume with contact phone number and salary requirements.
$21 to $23/hour BOE.
Amaturo Sonoma Media Group owns and operates several Local Radio stations, including: KZST 100.1, Froggy 92.9 FM, Hot 101.7 FM, The River, 97.7 FM, The Wolf 102.7, Jazzy 93.7, Oldies 107.9, The Bull 99.1 and KSRO 1350 AM, as well as NorthBay Biz Magazine and Waterdrop Digital. We have a creative, fun, exciting yet focused working culture with a wonderful group of professionals. ASMG is an equal opportunity employer.